An almond cocktail with rice protein drunk a couple of hours before going to sleep will help you fall asleep. It will provide the necessary amount of L-tryptophan for the production of melatonin and serotonin. A handful of berries or pieces of fruit will help tryptophan cross the blood-brain barrier better.
Ingredients per serving:
- 200 g almond milk;
- 1 scoop of untreated brown rice protein;
- 1 handful of pumpkin seeds;
- 1 handful of flax seeds;
- half a banana or a handful of berries;
- 1 teaspoon honey or stevia to your liking;
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (organic unrefined virgin oil).
All ingredients should be thoroughly whisked in a blender and served with love.